Writing Services for Therapists
Perfecting your Message with Specialty Pages and Blog Posts
Do You Need Great Content for Your Practice's Website?
The Specialty Page Method
We have a trained group of well-qualified writers with extensive experience writing for therapy websites.
We can help write your specialty pages and/or free reports for you as well as provide strategic search engine optimization (SEO) to help potential clients find and stay on your counseling sites. We understand that in order for you to stand out for a specialty in your field, your specialties must be presented well on your website.
The key to effective website content is all about how it is written. We have developed a 7-Point Marketing Message approach to copywriting for psychologist websites, and we have written numerous informational reports and quizzes that our clients use to invite opt-ins to their email lists. To learn more about our proven approach to writing for counseling websites, watch the webinar replay below. Our strategic writing resources and services can help you connect with your potential clients on a much deeper level, increasing the likelihood that they will pick up the phone and give you a call.
"My biggest concern when deciding whether to sign up was if it would be worth the cost to me. I’ve found that having a team of folks who understand marketing, tech issues, and audience (i.e., mental health folks) has been amazing. I now have a team behind me who is invested in my success. Because of Private Practice University (PPU), I have taken the plunge to return to Squarespace. PPU is really sensitive to what people need, whether help with their entire website from ground up, or a little help with editing, etc. I am definitely getting my money’s worth, and my initial concerns have been addressed. Thank you!"
“I really enjoyed reading what my writer wrote because she said some things in a new way that I have been trying to explain for years. Loved hearing it in her words, and it was still close enough to our way of communicating that it works. Yay for professional writers!”
--Dana Frederick, LMFT
“My writer is making the process very painless. The interviews go well and he really seems to “get me.” I enjoy our discussions. We are seamlessly working through the writing process and I am very grateful to be teamed up with him. I have shown some of my pages to family and friends and got very positive feedback on how my writing has improved (I told them the truth — he makes me look really good!)”
--Philip Fauerbach, LMHC
1. Phone interview with YOU. One of our trained writers will schedule a phone interview with you to ensure your message content and tone is unique to you.
2. Keyword research. We’ll identify the best keywords to target for your specialty and area that will help your page show up higher in key search results.
3. Writer develops your specialty page. Once you complete the interview, your writer will start writing your specialty page using our proven 7-Point Marketing Message approach and including the keywords we identified to optimize the page for ranking.
4. You give feedback on your message. Once the writing is complete, you give feedback on your content. Two rounds of revisions are included in the page fee (additional rounds of edits are billed hourly.)
5. Final edits are made. If we do not hear from you within one week of a draft being submitted for your review, we will consider the page to be complete.
6. We send you your completed specialty page so you can upload to your site, add images, and format the page. Each completed page includes backend SEO fields (focus keyword, SEO title, meta description).
*Specialty Page purchase does not include page upload. We can upload your page to assist with formatting, SEO and photo placement at our tech work rate of $80/hour. We can also create a blog sidebar that auto-populates with relevant blog posts.
Let your writer know if you're interested or want more information.
Please Keep In Mind
- To ensure you are satisfied with the content, each page includes two rounds of revisions. Your feedback is important to us.
- To ensure you start benefiting from the new pages as quickly as possible, we will need your feedback on any draft within 1 week of receiving the draft. If we don’t receive feedback within 1 week, we will consider the page complete and further revisions will be billed at our hourly rate.
- To ensure you receive the best possible service, we limit the number of clients our writers take. If we go 2 weeks without hearing from you, we will place your project on a temporary hold. We will resume as soon as you are ready, though you may experience brief delays if we need to assign a new writer or project manager at that time.
Our fee is $300 per marketing message (what we like to call a specialty page) when we are copywriting for therapy websites. A typical marketing message (including the interview) takes anywhere between 5 and 7 hours.
After an interview is conducted, you can expect to see the first draft of your specialty page within about 7-10 business days. In some cases and depending on how quickly you are able to respond, specialty pages may take longer to complete. If you are in a hurry and need content fast, we will do our best to accommodate your desired timeline.
If you are ready to add quality content to your website, content that turns potential clients into REAL clients, simply click the ‘Get Started’ button below. The fee to get started is $300, which covers the interview, the writing of the page, optimization of the content and up to two rounds of edits. Any additional time spent writing or editing your content will be billed at $55 per hour.
You may wish to create your own content, but you aren’t sure where to start or how to write in a way that will reach and engage potential clients. Maybe you feel confident in your writing skills, but you would like guidance and support as you learn the nuances of copywriting for counseling websites. We offer a wide variety of therapy writing resources, including webinars and our one-of-a-kind Specialty Page Blueprint, to help you write and optimize your own specialty page content. You can develop content that follows our proven 7-Point Marketing Message approach, helping potential clients find and connect with your message. By using language your potential clients are searching for and can understand, you increase your site’s visibility and make your content more accessible. Individuals visiting the site can see that you understand what they are going through and that, with your help, relief, healing and growth are possible.
No. If you’re interested in additional help adding it to your site, we can gladly help at our $80/hour tech work rate. Let your writer know you’re interested in help uploading the page and we will pair you with a project manager.
The Specialty Page Blueprint
Our strategic writing resources and services can help you connect with your potential clients on a much deeper level, increasing the likelihood that they will pick up the phone and give you a call.
When you purchase the Specialty Page Blueprint, you will receive:
1. Step-by-step instructions, including related questions from our Specialty Page Questionnaire, to develop engaging content that follows our proven 7-Point Marketing Message approach.
2. Our Specialty Page Questionnaire, designed to help you see the issue from your client’s perspective, organize your thoughts and structure your page.
3. A sample page you can use as a template to review page structure, language and tone. Additional specialized sample pages are available upon request.
4. Detailed notes about how to incorporate keywords and keyword phrases into your content, headers and meta data to boost your ranking in Google searches.
We offer a variety of corresponding services designed to make the writing process as simple as possible. Our keyword specialists can identify local and national keywords that clients are using to find therapists like you. When you’re done writing, you may wish to have one of our editors review your content for grammar, structure and/or to improve page optimization. We offer four easy editing levels to make sure we meet your particular editing needs without stretching your budget. You can feel confident that each specialty page is reaching and resonating with potential clients.
If you need help building a new website or analyzing, updating or redesigning an existing site, you can work with our strategy expert and/or one of our qualified project managers to explore your options.
Many practitioners who wish to write their own content struggle to get started. We offer a wide variety of therapy writing resources, including webinars, blog posts and SEO groups, to help you write and optimize your own specialty page content with greater ease and confidence.
In some cases, you may wish to work with one of our expert therapy writers to develop your first page so you can get a feel for the writing process. This also gives you a personalized template page to work from as you write the rest of your content.
You may want to write or update a large number of pages on your website but worry you are spending too much time writing and not enough time focusing on running your practice. Or, maybe you have read about how important it is to post on your blog once a week and feel like you won’t be able to keep up.
In our 10 years of experience, we have found that many therapists who begin writing new content start to see the benefits and end up wanting to write more than they originally planned. And, while you may know how important it is to create engaging, optimized content for your website, you might find yourself too busy with new clients to keep writing. Whether you are trying to build a new site or grow an existing one, our writers can help develop new pages and/or blog posts so you can focus on your practice and patients.
Our unique Specialty Page Blueprint was designed specifically for therapists to help you write pages that reach clients and help grow your online presence. Order and download your copy for only $47.
If you are already in our Strategic Therapy Website Program, contact your project manager for your free copy of the Specialty Page Blueprint.
Blog Writing Services
You know you need blog posts for your website, but you’re having a hard time writing them, right? Enter CounselingWise’s Blog Writing Services.
If you know anything about what it takes to get traffic to your website these days, you know that you need content, content, content. We’ve helped therapists with online marketing for over 6 years, and in all that time, we’ve never met a therapist that wrote consistently enough to keep their online presence strong.
That’s why we decided to create our blog writing services for therapists, the Therapy Blog Library.
Our Therapy Blog Library option is an inexpensive way for you to get continuing blog content on your website every month. When you sign up for the Therapy Blog Library membership, you choose how many blog posts you want us to write per month. You can choose either 2 blog posts per month or 4 blog posts per month. We will collaborate with you monthly about post topics and titles, write those blog posts for you, and then deliver them on the weeks you choose. Since the content is written without detailed input from you, we encourage you to modify it and personalize it once you receive it.
Price: $169/month (2 posts/month)
$269/month (4 posts/month)